Beginning on Monday, June 4, Carl Douglas will be leading weekly adult art classes (oil painting) in the Youth Building from 2:00-4:00 PM. If you are interested in attending please call the church for further information at (803) 279-0765.
Disaster Response Information:
After a series of conference calls with NALC Disaster Response Coordinator Mary Bates and discussion with folks in the hardest-hit areas, here is our updated course of action.
Flood buckets/cleaning supplies, health kits, school kits, bibles, and bottled water are being collected at the following staging areas/collection points:
- St. John’s, Statesville, NC: 740 N. Center Street, Statesville, NC 28677; contact: Pr. Ernie Sheldon at (828) 612-6439.
- Advent, Kings Mountain, NC: 230 Oak Grove Road, Kings Mountain, NC 28086; contact Pr. Joshua Morgan at (704) 750-0171.
- Joy Lutheran Mission, West Columbia, SC: collection at 72 Creek Rd., Chapin, SC; contact Pr. Paulette McHugh beforehand at (803) 767-7231, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here again is a description of the requested items: https://www.thenalc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/NALCDisasterResponseKits2018.pdf.
At this time, Gift Cards (Lowes or Home Depot, only) should be designated “NALC Disaster Response” and mailed directly to Mary Bates at
Mary Bates: NALC Disaster Response
810 Main St.
Caldwell, OH 43724
[If you have already mailed gift cards to St. John’s, don’t be concerned – they’ll get where they need to go!]
Monetary donations (100% of which will go to Hurricane Florence relief) may be made directly online at
Distribution Centers for the time being will be:
- Reformation, New Bern: 4143 Dr. M.L. King Jr. Blvd., New Bern, NC 28562; contact Pr. Alan Daugherty at (252) 637-0399 or email@example.com.
- St. Matthew’s, Wilmington: 612 S. College Rd., Wilmington, NC 28403; contact Pr. Sam Zumwalt at (910) 791-4582 or firstname.lastname@example.org.